Google Seller Ratings
Prime, Premium, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus, Adobe Commerce (Magento), BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Volusion, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Custom
Google seller ratings let shoppers know you are a trusted business with a good reputation by displaying your store’s star rating alongside your ads. This improves the performance of your ad campaigns with very little effort on your part.
According to Google, adding seller ratings to Google Ads campaigns increases their click-through rate by 10%. This means your Cost-per-click (CPC) goes down and you’ll see an increase in high-quality traffic.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect Yotpo Reviews with Google so you can start showcasing your site reviews and seller ratings on Google Search and other sites.
How it works
Seller ratings showcase your store’s customer experience in ads and unpaid formats and may show up on mobile and web across the Search Network and YouTube.
Seller ratings usually include:
- A rating out of 5 stars
- The number of ratings the business has received
- A qualifier, such as the average delivery time, that highlights why you got the rating (if data is available)
- A link to read recent reviews
The reviews shown in the ad You can expand the aggregated site reviews by clicking the star rating icon.
You can view this page for your site by using the following URL: https://www.google.com/shopping/ratings/account/lookup?q=#YourDomain#
Before you start
You don't need to be a Shopping advertiser or have a Google Merchant Center account for your ads or listings to be eligible for seller ratings extensions on the Search Network.
Just make sure you fulfill all of the Google seller rating requirements and have read the Google seller rating logic disclaimer.
Click to view disclaimer
- Yotpo runs a specific set of algorithms to filter and meet Google policies. Reviews that contain profanity words and short content reviews are being filtered out by Yotpo.
- After Yotpo's filters, Google runs another set of algorithms and logic to ensure only high-quality, verified reviews are used for seller ratings, and this is the reason why you might see a lower number on your Google page.
- Google doesn't provide specific details regarding the algorithms that filter reviews.
- Google doesn't share information about which reviews they choose to include.
- Google does not guarantee that GSR will appear even if you meet all their guidelines.
- Yotpo can guarantee that your reviews will appear on the Dedicated Seller Ratings Page, however, we cannot guarantee that they will appear in an organic search, as that is entirely up to Google's internal logic and algorithms.
- Google requires Yotpo to send all valid reviews in the feed, even if they are bad reviews. It is not possible to alter or remove the reviews that are being sent to Google and even unpublished reviews will be sent out.
Google seller rating requirements
Only certain Google ads are eligible to appear with seller rating annotations. Once you meet the following criteria, your ads will be eligible to show seller ratings on Google search results and Google search partners.
What you need to be eligible to show a Google seller rating:
- You must have at least 100 verified site reviews created within the past 12 months.
- Each review must have been collected from a verified buyer from an automatic review request, manual review request, or 2-in-1 review request.
- Each review must have been created in the country of the searcher. For example, if you have 100 eligible reviews created by customers with an IP address in the USA, and a person searches for your brand in Italy, they will not see your Google seller rating.
- Once you open a Google Ads account, seller ratings will be available for you in all search advertising campaigns as an automated extension.
- Google requires that Yotpo maintains all site reviews previously collected even if the customer stops using Google seller ratings or leaves Yotpo.
Connecting your account
To connect your Yotpo account to Google and start showing your site reviews and seller rating:
- In your Yotpo Reviews main menu, go to Meta & Google > Google Seller Ratings.
- Click Connect. We’ll now prepare and send your site reviews feed to Google.
It usually takes 2-6 weeks for Google to process your feed. After this is complete, you’ll start seeing your site reviews and seller ratings on Google.
Once you connect, you will be able to see:
- When the connection was made
- When the last feed of reviews was sent to Google
- Check if your store has a seller rating
Checking your seller rating
If you want to check if Google is showing your site reviews and seller rating, click the Check if your store has a seller rating link on the Seller Rating page of Yotpo Reviews.
There are several reasons why you might not see your site reviews or seller ratings in Google search results.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
- Check you’re eligible to show a seller rating by reviewing the Google seller rating requirements. There may not be enough reviews yet, in which case you will see ‘No rating yet’ when clicking the link on the Seller Rating page of Yotpo Reviews:
- Wrong country code - the link has the wrong country code - the link redirects you to a page with a specific country code. In the example below, the country code is for Austria:
If most of your eligible reviews were collected in the U.S., it will seem as though there’s something wrong with your Google seller ratings. Change the country code to match the source country of users who submitted reviews. To view reviews from a different country source, change the two letters after the "&c=" part of the URL to the relevant two-letter ISO country code.
For a full list of ISO country codes, click here.
- Wrong store URL - the wrong URL may prevent a seller ratings page from loading. You can go to the General Settings page of your Yotpo account and check if the URL under the ‘Your website’ field is correct. Correcting the URL should update the seller ratings within a few seconds.
- Make sure that no incentive was offered for your reviews. If a review is marked as 'incentivized', the review will not be eligible. To learn how to mark a review as 'Incentivized', see Moderating Reviews.
- Check the reviews were created by a verified buyer. From our experience, reviews that aren’t originated via email may not show up.
Set up Google Shopping Syndication to make sure your product reviews are also visible on Google shopping.