Littledata - Yotpo Integration Guide
Free, Growth, Prime, Powerhouse, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus
The Yotpo - Littledata integration enables you to provide an even better experience for your customers at key convection points:
- Track customer conversions through SMS campaigns and never miss an order - know which SMS campaigns are performing and tie them back to specific subscription order types all in GA.
- Track one-off purchases, first-time subscriptions, and recurring orders to tie them back to the marketing channel - know the different subscriber types (first-time vs. recurring and one-off purchases) and learn which marketing channels they're coming from.
Littledata's Yotpo SMS integration works alongside their Shopify to Google Analytics connection. It sends complete data to GA4 without the need for Google Tag Manager (GTM), providing granular marketing attribution for conversions that come from Yotpo SMS campaigns, tracked alongside other channels and touchpoints such as email, search, and PPC.
Littledata’s integration relies on the UTM parameters you set up in Yotpo SMS for source, medium, and campaign. Our server-side tracking picks up the UTM parameters and attributes them back to the order. This includes attribution for one-off purchases, first-time subscription purchases, and recurring orders (ongoing subscriptions) if you're using a subscription app like Yotpo Subscriptions.
Littledata helps modern DTC brands get a complete picture of sales and marketing in the tools they already use. Littledata offers server-side tracking for Shopify and BigCommerce brands to get accurate data in Google Analytics 4 and other destinations.
Littledata offers seamless integration with Yotpo SMS & Email:
- Single source of truth in Google Analytics. See which SMS and email campaigns are driving sales and exactly when and where customers are converting.
- Plug-and-play GA4 implementation. Littledata offers complete support for GA4, the newest version of Google Analytics.
- Better audience building and retargeting. Littledata captures complete data about browsing behavior, checkout steps, orders, and customer lifetime value (LTV) for more accurate retargeting campaigns and audience building in Facebook Ads, Google Ads, TikTok, and more.
Here’s how to set up consistent UTM parameters to work with Littledata. You can follow Yotpo's guide on how to use UTM codes to track SMS and email results and make sure to set static values for source and dynamic values for medium.
- In Yotpo SMS & Email main menu, go to Settings > Attribution.
- Set a static value for the source as "Yotpo" or “Yotpo SMS”.
- Set a static dynamic value as Channel type (SMS/email).
- Configure the rest of the campaign as needed.
As long as you have static values set for source and dynamic values for medium for your Yotpo SMS and email campaigns, Littledata will be able to accurately track checkout steps, sales, and refunds that result from these campaigns.
In GA4, it's best to look at campaign results in an explorations report. Yotpo SMS & Email campaigns will show up with a source/medium of Yotpo SMS/SMS (or Yotpo/SMS/Email if you set "Yotpo" as the source)and with each campaign name displayed.
A simpler way of viewing the performance and engagement of your Yotpo SMS & Email campaigns in GA4 is by:
- Going to Acquisition > Traffic acquisition
- Switch your main dimension to Session source/medium (to have a better visualization of the sources).
- In the search bar just type SMS/Email - and you will see all the data pertaining to the sms/Email campaigns.
- As a secondary step, you can add Session Campaign as a secondary dimension and the Acquisition report will break down the report by all the Yotpo campaigns that are active in that time frame.
Once you followed all of the steps you should see something like this:
User acquisition allows you to see how users arrive at your website and how successful certain marketing campaigns are in attracting them.
If you're also selling by subscriptions, Littledata tracks recurring orders and splits them out from one-off orders and first-time subscriptions. Learn more about subscription tracking.
If you want to visualize the purchases that resulted from Yotpo SMS or email campaigns, you can easily create an Exploration report in GA4, by following the next steps:
- Go into the Explore tab in GA4 and create a blank Exploration.
- You can name your report “SMS/Email driven purchases”.
- Select the following dimensions - Session default channel group (or Session source/medium) and Affiliation.
- Select the Purchase revenue metric.
- Double-click on each one of them to add them to the report.
- In order to see only the SMS or email source, you need to scroll to Filters in the secondary menu and create a Session default channel group dimension filter that contains SMS/Email.
You should now see something like this, where the Affiliation dimension is showing the type of order that was placed via Yotpo SMS campaigns:
Littledata offers seamless integration with Yotpo Subscriptions. Benefits include:
- Capture every conversion and recurring order
- Complete marketing attribution, including organic channels like email and SMS
- Checkout funnel tracking
- Send the data back to Google Analytics (GA4), Segment, and Facebook Ads
For subscriptions in the Shopify checkout, Littledata tracks:
- The checkout funnel - how users and products progress through the Shopify checkout steps
- First-time subscription orders which are tagged by Shopify
- Recurring orders generated by the terms of the subscription contract
Learn more about how Littledata works behind the scenes.
If you're selling by subscription, Littledata tracks recurring orders and splits them out from one-off orders and first-time subscriptions. Learn more about subscription tracking.
If you want to visualize the purchases that resulted from Yotpo Subscriptions, you can easily create an Exploration report in GA4, by following the next steps:
- Create a custom affiliation dimension.
- Search for custom definitions.
- Click “Create custom dimensions”. In the event parameter search for affiliation and choose it. Complete all other fields as shown in the screenshot below and click save. This will track orders from this moment on, and will not capture orders that were created prior to this custom dimension.
4. Go into the Explore tab in GA4 and create a blank Exploration
5. You can name your report 'Subscription-driven purchases'
6. Select the following dimensions:
- Session default channel group (or Session source/medium)
- Affiliation (custom dimension)
- Transaction ID dimension to add the order number
7. Click Import.
8. Choose for a filter the affiliation dimension, choose “contains” and write ‘subscription’.
9. Each row will show a different subscription order.
10. Select the Purchase revenue metric.
11. Double-click on each one of them to add them to the report
Google Analytics (GA4)
Littledata's GA4 connection sends browsing behavior, marketing, order, payment, refund, and subscription data directly to Google Analytics. You can see complete subscription data directly in GA4 as well as any connected reporting tool (eg. Glew, Daasity, Looker Studio, Tableau, PowerBI). Littledata's robust Google Analytics integration also enables better audience building and retargeting across Google Ads networks.
Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads
Littledata's Facebook Conversions API connection sends checkout steps, LTV, order and subscription data back to Meta for audience building and remarketing in Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads.
Littledata's Segment connection sends complete Shopify data back to your Segment workspace. From there you can connect to data destinations like Mixpanel and Amplitude, engagement platforms like Klaviyo and Braze, and data warehouses like Snowflake.