Connecting Zendesk and Yotpo SMS & Email
Free, Growth, Prime, Powerhouse, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus
The Zendesk and Yotpo SMS & Email integration helps Shopify merchants keep a constant eye on their SMS Chat even if they’re not currently in the Yotpo SMS & Email app.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect SMS & Email chat with the Zendesk support platform so you are confident you will never miss a message from your customer.
Before you start
You need to have a registered and running Zendesk account and you have to enable Chat in Yotpo SMS & Email in order to successfully install the integration with Yotpo SMS & Email.
To enable Chat, go to General Settings > Chat > Enable.
Connecting Yotpo SMS & Email with Zendesk
2. From your SMS & Email side menu, go to Integrations. A list of all available and future integrations will show up. Find Zendesk and click on it.
2. You will see the Overview page with more information about Zendesk and all of its unique features.
If you wish to proceed with the installation process, you will need to input the following data:
- Zendesk Domain Name - you get this once you register on Zendesk. It usually looks something like this: https://yourbrand.zendesk.com
- Unique Identifier - this is the name of your client and you specify it from the Settings in your Zendesk account (scroll further for more detailed guidelines).
- Client Secret - you use this token to connect your Yotpo SMS & Email to your Zendesk client. You will receive it once you have configured your OAuth settings (keep scrolling for further instructions).
- Callback URL - you need to copy this URL from your Yotpo SMS & Email and paste it into the Redirect URLs in your Zendesk OAuth Settings.
3. Open up a new tab and go to your account in Zendesk.
4. From there, click on the Settings icon. Scroll down to find API and click on it.
6. Under Zendesk API you will see several options. Select OAuth Clients.
7. Click on the “+” box to create a new client.
8. Enter a Client Name (e.g. your brand name).
9. Enter a Unique Identifier (e.g. your brand name). You should paste the same text in the Unique Identifier field in SMS & Email.
10. Copy your Callback URL (From SMS & Email) and paste it into the Redirect URLs field.
11. Click Save.
12. Now you should get your Client Secret. Make sure to Copy the auto generated token and paste it into the Client Secret field in SMS & Email.
13. If you have successfully filled out all three required fields (in red) in SMS & Email, go ahead and click Install:
14. A pop-up window will ask you to allow Yotpo SMS & Email to have access to all of Zendesk’s user data. Hit Allow if you agree with this, or Deny to cancel the integration installation.
15. Another pop-up will let you know if your SMS & Email <> Zendesk integration was successful. The page should refresh and you will see the integration successfully installed!
A new Settings section will appear. There you can Enable or Disable the integration as you see fit or enable the split message option from the checkbox. You can use it to avoid unnecessary signatures that add additional characters to your SMS. Just type the beginning of the phrase you wish to exclude, and SMS & Email will remove it.
Go ahead and test the integration to see if everything is running smoothly! Create your first test ticket and simulate a conversation.