Creating Segments with Email Properties
Free, Growth, Prime, Powerhouse, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus
Segment and refine your audience targeting, so you can engage customers with tailored email marketing campaigns. Using segments can improve your overall open and click-through rates and drive more sales. Learn more about segments
Create a new segment
To create a segment, do the following:
- Log into your Yotpo Email account.
- From the menu on the left, click Lists & Segments.
- Click Create new.
- Under Type, select Segment.
- Enter a name for your segment.
- Click Create.
- From the list of available filters, select Email actions.
- Choose a rule and define the time period. For example, to send an email to all email contacts who opened an email sent by you within the last week, select the Opened email rule and set the time period to Last 7 days. You can add as many rules to your segment as you like, and use and/or conditions to make your targeting more specific. See all rules
- When you’re done, click Save.You can now view your new segment in Segments & Lists.
Edit a segment
You can change the rules you defined for your segment or a predefined segment at any time. Upon changing a rule, your segment will be dynamically updated right away. To edit a segment, do the following:
- Next to the relevant segment, click Edit segment rules.
- Update the rules.
- When you’re done, click Save.
View all subscribers in a segment
To view all of the subscribers currently included in a segment, just click View next to the relevant segment. You’ll see a list of all email subscribers who are currently included in this segment.
The table below contains a list of all of the available filters for email actions. For each filter, you can use any of the following time periods:
- All time
- Last 7 days
- Last 30 days
- Last 3 months
- Last year
|Last sent email||Email contacts who were sent an email within a selected period of time|
|Last delivered email||Email contacts who have received an email within a selected period of time|
|Last opened email||Email contacts who have opened an email within a selected period of time|
|Clicked an email link||Email contacts who clicked a link in an email within adefined time period.|
|Email went to spam||Email contacts whose email was marked as Spam, within a selected period of time.|
|Converted via email||Email contacts who converted via email within a definedperiod of time.|
|Email subscriber||Include or exclude contacts who subscribed to Email marketing|
|Email soft bounced||Email contacts whose email was temporarily bounced by the email server, in a selected time period|
Note: In new campaigns, soft-bounced subscribers from the last 7 days are excluded by default. Learn more
|Email hard bounced||Email contacts whose email was permanently bounced by the email server, in a selected time period.|
Note: In new campaigns, hard-bounced subscribers and spam are excluded by default irrespective of the included and excluded audiences. Learn more
Now target your new segment with a marketing campaign. Learn more about creating an email marketing campaign