Lists & Segments in Yotpo SMS & Email
Free, Growth, Prime, Powerhouse, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus
The main difference between a list and a segment is that lists are static, and the contacts within them remain unchanged, while segments are dynamic and autofill with new subscribers.
This post covers how to create a list and goes over the actions you can take afterward.
Creating a new list
To create a new list:
- In your Yotpo SMS & Email main menu, go to Audience > Lists & Segments. You will see a predefined list called Text Marketing List (Auto-generated). This is the main list where all your new subscribers will be added from each source: checkout, subscription form, and keywords until you create more lists and start populating those.
- Click on the Create new button at the top.
- From the Create new list/segment dropdown menu, select List and name it by writing an appropriate title in the List name box.
- Click Create.
Congratulations! Your list has now been created.
Your list will now appear under Lists & Segments and you can click on View to open it.
Managing your lists
Select the Actions button to:
- Import subscribers: in order to import your Klaviyo or Mailchimp lists, you'd first need to contact our support team for a review of the lists you wish to import, to ensure that all contacts have been gathered compliantly. Remember that all subscribers need to have given you their explicit consent in order for you to text them.
- Send campaign: Create a new campaign (you will be redirected to the campaign creation page).
- Delete: Delete your list.
Click on View to get to the list you just created and click on Request data to export your complete list of contacts as a CSV file after filling in the requested information.
It’s of vital importance to be able to easily unsubscribe customers from your lists who no longer wish to receive SMS marketing. Here are the steps required:
- From the All Subscribers page select Unsubscribers.
- Click Remove Subscriber, fill in the subscriber's country and phone number, and click Unsubscribe.
Exporting a list
If you’d like to save your unsubscribed list as a CSV file click on the Request Data button, fill in the necessary information, and click on Send request.