Setting User Actions with Yotpo SMS & Email Texts as Rules in Segments
Free, Growth, Prime, Powerhouse, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus
Using the Yotpo SMS & Email filter, you can segment and create effective SMS marketing campaigns that target specific customers already stored in the app.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a dynamic segment that collects and adds new customers that are:
- Part of a list: Segment customers that are a part of any of the lists you have created.
- Not part of a list: Segment customers that are not part of the lists you have created.
- Is part of a segment: Subsegment customers that are a part of a larger segment.
- Part of a Text Marketing campaign: Segment customers that are a part of an active text marketing campaign.
- Converted via SMSBump: Segment customers that have made a purchase after clicking on link sent in a marketing message.
- Clicked on a SMSBump link: Segment customers that have clicked on link sent in a marketing message.
- Has not confirmed SMSBump subscription: Segment customers that have not yet confirmed their subscription to receive marketing messages.
- In your Yotpo SMS & Email main menu, go to Audience > Lists & Segments.
- Click Create list or segment.
- Under Select filter, you will be able to choose from a number of different segment filters.
There are instructional blog posts for each segment filter below, so you can click on the filters to learn how to set them up later.
- Customer behavior
- Customer attributes
- Location based
- SMSBump App Events
- Order Info
4. Under SMSBump, let’s begin with "is part of a list".
Is Part of a List
From the dropdown menu, you will be able to choose an existing list you would like to transform into a segment. Doing so, your list now becomes dynamic once you add additional behavior rules such as money spent.
You can also choose the option not part of a list if you would like to include certain customers that aren’t a part of a list.
Is Part of a Segment
You are able to create a subsegment of customers that are a part of a larger segment. Use this option if you’d like to refine your targeted customers, for example: Women that are only interested in leather goods, and have bought boots costing more than $50.
You may also choose the option not part of a segment to include certain customers that are not a part of a segment.
Part of a Text Marketing Campaign
You may be interested in refining your next campaign by segmenting a previous one. In this case, you can choose your campaign from the drop down menu and whether or not the customer has clicked on a link and made an order during the campaign by selecting Yes or No.
Converted via SMSBump
Create a segment of customers that have previously made a purchase through a text marketing campaign you have sent. Use this filter combined with the number of orders behavior, when you’d like to send out a special deal to reward loyal customers.
Clicked on a SMSBump Link
Motivate this segment of customers who have clicked on a link in a marketing message but have not made a purchase, by sending them a unique discount offer they won’t be able to resist.
Has not Confirmed SMSBump Subscription
Use this segment rule if you’d like to have a group of all customers who have not yet confirmed their subscription to receive SMS marketing from you.