Setting Up a Create Account Earning Rule
Free, Gold, Platinum, Enterprise
BigCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Adobe Commerce (Magento), Custom
Create Account is an account based earning rule (previously known as a campaign) that will help you convert website visitors into leads by rewarding them for creating an account with your store.
Shoppers are more likely to sign up for an account and engage with a business that offers perks such as points and coupons, that they can use to get discounts when they shop.
Creating a Create Account earning rule
- On your Yotpo Loyalty & Referral admin, go to Set Up Program > Earning Rules.
- Click on Create earning rule.
- Click Select on Create Account.
Setting up your Create Account earning rule
Below are the descriptions of each setting found in your earning rule for your reference
- What kind of Reward - Choose the kind of reward that you wish to give to your customers. Reward either a discount coupon or loyalty points, for completing the earning rule. Some fields on the setup change depending on the type of reward that you choose. If you select:
The field "How many points?" will appear when you choose to reward your customers with points. This is where you can enter the number of points to be given to shoppers after completing the earning rule.
The field "Which coupon should the customer get?" will appear. You may then select from the dropdown which coupon to apply for the specific earning rule.
- Campaign Name - This is the name of the earning rule as it appears on the rewards pop-up or rewards page. By default, the name is set to "Create Account", you may change it according to your preference.
- Reward Text - The text that usually appears under the title and shows the customer what they will receive if they participate in the earning rule. The Rewards Text will also be reflected in the Rewards History
- Description Text - The text that appears on the pop-up window after a customer clicks on the earning rule. It gives a brief idea of how a Create Account reward can be earned
- Icon -The default icon for the Create Account earning rule is a user icon. However, you can replace it with any other Font Awesome icon
- Already Completed Message - This message will appear once your customers click on an earning rule that they have already completed
- Maximum Times Completed Total - The maximum number of participants that can complete the earning rule (e.g. if you set it to 50, only the first 50 customers to finish the earning rule will receive the reward.)
- Restrict to VIP tiers - This field will allow you to create an earning rule with specific rewards per VIP Tier
- Display On-Site? - By default, this is toggled to "Yes", meaning that if you save this earning rule after creating/editing, it will be visible on your Rewards Page. Select "No" if you'd like to set up an earning rule that doesn't appear on your Rewards Page.