TikTok Shop - Yotpo Reviews Integration Guide
Free, Growth, Prime, Premium, Enterprise
Shopify, Shopify Plus, Adobe Commerce (Magento), BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Volusion, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Custom
TikTok built an integration between their TikTok Shop and Yotpo letting you showcase Yotpo reviews on products you sell via TikTok Shop. This can help increase your overall review coverage rate.
These reviews will be mixed together with your TikTok Shop purchased reviews on the PDP reviews module.
"Review from xx (website)" will appear alongside the imported reviews to clarify the source.
- The integration is currently only open to merchants in the US & UK. TikTok Shop is not officially live in the US, so the integration is still considered to be in the testing phase.
- The reviews will only be found on the latest TikTok app, or any later versions of the V.30.7.0.
- Since the integration is in beta, we will continue optimizing the integration on an ongoing basis.
To integrate your TikTok shop with Yotpo Reviews:
- From the TikTok app, in the seller center, navigate to Products >Product Rating and click on Import reviews in the top right corner.
2. Follow the instructions to grant TikTok access to Yotpo. When the "Authorization successful" message appears, it means you have successfully installed the integration.
3. Once the app is connected, you’ll need to ensure you have the correct product identifiers in place. TikTok needs their Product Identifier Code to match the exact product on your Yotpo account so we can import the right reviews to the right product.
It’s very important that the Product Identifier Code from TikTok is the same as the unique identifier you have in Yotpo, or else reviews won’t be able to match to the correct product information.
Once you submit the Product Identifier Code in your TikTok Shop, it cannot be modified. Make sure to pay close attention when you are adding the code and please read the below carefully.
4. You can find the product identifier code in your TikTok shop account by going to Products > Mange Products, under Sales information:
Updating the product identifier code
There are a few ways you can update your TikTok product identifier code:
- Manually - You can manually select your GTIN and enter the relevant code through the TikTok Shop admin
- Via CSV - You can export your TikTok Shop catalog, input the relevant identifiers, and import it back into TikTok Shop. Here is a guide on how to do this via CSV.
If editing your product identifier codes via CSV, make sure to select All information when exporting your products from Tik Tok Shop:
It can take up to 1 day for TikTok to approve your products once the file is imported back into their system.
- Via API - Use TikTok’s API to automate updating your unique identifiers. The identifier is under Edit product> SKUS > product_identifier_code.
To learn more about updating your product identifier in the TikTok Shop, go to Product Identifier Code (GTIN/EAN/UPC/ISBN).
It will take around 3 business days to import your valid reviews from Yotpo to TikTok Shop. This remains true after the integration is enabled - it will usually take 3 business days for any new reviews to display on TikTok Shop.
Only reviews left by verified buyers will be syndicated to TikTok, excluding any incentivized reviews. All review content must pass TikTok’s legal and risk control before showing on the product page to customers. Therefore, not all reviews from Yotpo will be seen on the product page after the integration. You can view TikTok’s moderation guidelines here.
Although only sellers without negative performance on TikTok’s platform are eligible for the integration, the review ratings will not be counted towards your Shop Experience Score/NRR and will not impact your seller’s performance on TikTok.
As TikTok has its own moderation guidelines, you may have reviews displayed on your TikTok Shop that you did not publish on your website. If you need to delete a review displayed on your TikTok shop for privacy reasons, you can reach out to your TikTok account manager. Additionally, you can reach out to Yotpo’s support team to have the review anonymized. This anonymization will be reflected in your on-site reviews and will also be reflected on TikTok within 3 days of the review being anonymized by Yotpo.
For some risk control reasons, some TikTok sellers may not be eligible for the integration. Please reach out to your TikTok account manager with any concerns.